Your ceremony is planned and your reception venue is ready for the celebrations to begin, but have you considered how you want to travel to, from and everywhere in between on your wedding day? Everyone wants to find the perfect transportation option for their big day, so if you’re stuck on what to do then here are 5 ideas.
For adrenaline junkies or simply those looking for a little extra luxury and a once in a lifetime experience then why not take to the skies and fly away in your very own helicopter. Take a tour of the city and watch the sunset from the skies during your flight to the reception and let your inner James Bond fly free. Or why not kick start your honeymoon in style and take the helicopter straight to the airport?
We arrived in Paris on a glorious Friday lunch time for a weekend of wedding anniversary celebrations . It was the perfect late summer afternoon, that you couldn't plan if you tried.
While we waited to check into our hotel, we headed for a lunch at Cafe de L'epoque, just next to my favourite shoe shop on Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
We stopped by the cutest flower markets on the way to pick up some flowers for the weekend... you see I must have flowers, always and always. Plus my husband hinted that the hotel he had booked deserved to have flowers...
Cafe de L'epoque is the sweetest spot for lunch. The weather was lovely enough to take a table outside but the interior is so cute we couldn't resist taking a cosy table indoors to take in the perfect parisienne vibes the restaurant has going on.
I sat there surrounded by flowers and shoes and couldn't have felt happier.
I ordered my favourite french onion soup which I totally recommend, and we shared the most amazing homemade lemon meringue pie. So amazing I totally regretted agreeing to share it!
For the longest time there had always been two hotels in Paris that id been desperate to stay at, The Plaza Athenee (which my fiance proposed at, and which is a forever favourite) and the Ritz, Paris. To me Parisian hotels do it like no other. They are in my experience, always the most fabulous, elegant and beautiful in the world.
After visiting in January for a Birthday afternoon tea, its position on my bucket list was firmly cemented. So I was delighted when my husband surprised me with a weekend THE most beautiful suite for our 5th wedding anniversary. After all, have you ever really experienced Paris if you haven't stayed at The Ritz?
There is something about those majestic blue corridors that make Ritz Paris unlike any other hotel iv been to. Its traditional, grand style certainly set it apart. And how about those Dahlias!
We were shown to our suite and my jaw may have hit the floor. To say it was fabulous might be the understatement of the century. My husband know's my taste exactly and really outdid himself here. To me, totally worth the small fortune it cost him to stay in such a decadent suite.
And there were more surprises. Roses, Champagne, Petit fours and cake from my favourite patisserie in Paris. And not to mention the most amazing surprise from handbag brand of choice... Chanel
As I mentioned earlier, my husband took me shopping at my favourite shoe shop... Louboutin. Id been looking for a pair of nude strappy sandals for a while now so when I saw the most gorgeous pair they had to be mine.
All of the interior details were impeccable. The bedroom was literally fit for a princess, and I fully lived my best princess life and indulged all of my parisienne fantasy's.
The gold detailing, the sparkling chandeliers and the sumptuous brocade fabrics were just to die for.
I don't think that a weekend could be any more perfectly planned for me. But then again, its not every day you celebrate your 5th Wedding anniversary is it?
If you've enjoyed a peak into my weekend in Paris, check back for part 2 later this week
I wanted to share with you my top ten tips for the most memorable Wedding morning for creating the most stress free and memorable wedding morning possible, drawn from my own experience. It should be one of the most memorable morning of your life so here are some ways to make the most of it!
1. Try and do as much prep the night before. Set out your toiletries, cosmetics, lingerie and dress so its all ready for the next day. This way you'll know if anything is missing and that everything you need is in one place.
2 Eat a light breakfast and hydrate - Of course this is total common sense but you'll be surprised by how busy you'll be for the whole day so start the day off right
3. Play your favourite music - This may be a soundtrack from a movie or a playlist that you love. Whatever makes you feel happy and sets the tone for the day
4. Keep your space organised and free of clutter. Make sure you only have only the essential people around you and the space isn't a free for all. You don't want to be distracted from your schedule and have any un necessary drama
5. Create a lasting fragrance memory by layering Fragrance. Your wedding scent will become something the evokes memories for years to come so choose something you love and layer so that it lasts. Try and wear the same perfume for any special wedding planning occasions... menu tastings, dress fittings, bridal showers as it will all build into lifelong memories in one fragrance
6. Make your environment special. Have flowers in your suite/ room. Burn your most luxurious candles (Perhaps in the same scent as your fragrance wardrobe?). Buy a beautiful dressing gown to wear while getting ready. Luxuriate in the moment.
7. Have champagne on ice ready for a glass of champagne with your bridal party before you walk the isle. Take a moment to compose yourself and steady any last minute nerves
8. Present your bridesmaids with any gifts you may have bought for them as a thank you. It will really start to feel like a celebration at this point and whats more creates a great photo opportunity for your photographer to catch.
9. Send a handwritten note or card to your husband to be telling him how excited you are to see him and become his wife
10. Have your photographer take a couple of (very tasteful) shots of you in bridal lingerie that you can give to your husband on either your honeymoon or first wedding anniversary
A travel, beauty and lifestyle blog with the occasional afternoon tea by Angelina Belle
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies